Window crank handles are an essential part of any window system. They allow you to open and close windows with ease, and they are built to last. However, over time, window crank handles may break or become damaged, requiring replacement. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s important to know how to replace your window crank handle with quality Truth Window Parts.
In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide to replacing your window crank handle using Truth Window Parts. We’ll also discuss the importance of maintaining your window crank handles and how to troubleshoot common issues that may arise during the replacement process.
Before we dive into the replacement process, let’s first talk about the materials and tools you’ll need.
Gathering Materials and Tools
To replace your window crank handle, you’ll need the following materials and tools:
- Replacement window crank handle (make sure it’s compatible with your window system)
- Lubricant spray
Once you have these materials and tools, you’re ready to move on to the next step.
Removing the Old Window Crank Handle
The first step in replacing your window crank handle is removing the old one. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the screw that attaches the handle to the window’s operating hardware.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the screw from the handle.
- Once the screw is removed, use pliers to pull the handle off the window.
Installing the New Window Crank Handle
Now that you’ve removed the old window crank handle, it’s time to install the new one. Here’s how to do it:
- Apply a small amount of lubricant spray to the window’s operating hardware.
- Attach the new handle to the window’s operating hardware.
- Secure the handle in place using the screw provided with the Truth Window Parts replacement handle.
Sometimes, even with the best intentions, things can go wrong during the replacement process. Here are some common issues that may arise and how to troubleshoot them:
- The screw won’t come out: If the screw won’t come out, try using a lubricant spray or a pair of pliers to loosen it. If that doesn’t work, you may need to use a power drill to remove it.
- The replacement handle doesn’t fit: Make sure you have the correct replacement handle for your window system. If you do, double-check that you’re installing it correctly. If it still doesn’t fit, you may need to contact a professional for assistance.
Upgrade Your Window System with Quality Truth Window Parts
As you can see, replacing your window crank handle with quality Truth Window Parts is a relatively simple process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your window system is functioning properly and that you’re getting the most out of your investment. Remember to always maintain your window crank handles to prevent future issues, and don’t hesitate to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.