(It’s Work) How to Get Melted Plastic Off Stove and Oven – Update 2022
Do you have melted plastic on the stove or oven?
If so, it’s time to get rid of that mess. We can help! Our team has years of experience and we’ve seen this happen before. This blog post will teach you how to get melted plastic off stove and oven so that it doesn’t stick around forever.
It’s not as hard as it seems! Follow these steps and you’ll have your kitchen looking like new in no time at all. Let us show you how it’s done.
How to Get Melted Plastic Off Stove
To get melted plastic off a stove, you will need the following supplies:
- A bowl or container to catch the melted plastic
- Hot water
- Dish soap
- Scrub brush
- Soft cloth
Follow this step so you can get melted plastic off of your stove
1. Fill the bowl or container with hot water.
2. Add dish soap to the hot water and stir until it is sudsy.
3. Dip the scrub brush into the soapy water and scrub the melted plastic off of the stove.
4. Rinse the scrub brush and bowl or container in hot water.
5. Wipe the melted plastic off of the stove with a soft cloth.
If you don’t have a scrub brush, use steel wool. This method is very abrasive and will scratch the stove’s surface. Use this in case of emergencies only. Our favorite method is using hot water and dish soap to get melted plastic off a stove.
6. If the melted plastic doesn’t come off the stove after scrubbing, spray it generously with WD-40. Let it sit for a few minutes to penetrate the plastic.
7. After a few minutes have passed, scrub the stove again and then wipe clean with a soft cloth.
8. If you want to be extra safe, allow the melted plastic to set overnight before using the stove again.
9. Now that your melted plastic is gone, always remember to use potholders when moving pots on your stovetop!
Remove Melted Plastic From Stovetop drip pans
Stove-top drip pans are great because they protect the stove’s surface from spills and splatters, but occasionally a drip pan can get ruined with a hard-to-remove scorch mark or melted mess.
Fortunately, removing hardened food and melted plastic from a stovetop is relatively easy once you know how to do it. The first step is to remove the drip pan and its protective cover from the stovetop. Give them a thorough cleaning and then replace them. Be sure that the drip pan and its cover are dry before returning them to your stove burner.
Remove Melted Plastic From Your Stove Burner Covers
You will need the following supplies:
- Baking Soda
- Scrub with a soft sponge
- Microfiber cloth
- White vinegar
- Aluminum roasting pan
- Razor blade scraper or Oven Cleaner Drill Brush
- Clean the stovetop to remove any small melted plastic patches or scorch marks between burner grills. Use a non-abrasive cleaner, such as a mixture of baking soda and water, and scrub with a soft sponge until all residues are removed.
2. Dip a clean microfiber cloth or paper towel in distilled white vinegar, and use it to wipe down the stovetop. This will remove any residue leftover from the cleaning process and also provide a fresh, clean surface for your burned-on plastic.
3. Place an aluminum roasting pan filled with ice cubes on top of the melted plastic patches or scorch marks. Leave it there until all of the ice has melted. This will freeze the melted plastic in place, which makes it easier to remove.
4. Use Oven Cleaner Drill Brush or a Razor blade scraper to carefully scrape the softened plastic from your stovetop. It is important not to use too much force when scraping, as you do not want to damage the stove top’s surface.
5. Continue scraping until all of the softened plastic has been removed. Remove and discard the scraped plastic and clean your stovetop with a sponge dampened in soapy water.
Remove Melted Plastic From a Glass Stove Top
The ceramic glass stovetop is not only stylish, but they also provide a valuable safety feature: Their durability means that you won’t have to worry about forgetting your cooking utensils on them and having something melt.
But, The ceramic glass cooktops can remain hot after the heating elements have been turned off. It’s easy to forget and allow a plastic bag or lid to touch it, causing melt damage!
How to Remove Melted Plastic From a Glass Cooktop? Please follow the method below:
For lighter amounts of melted plastic please follow one of these methods
- Set your burner to a low heat [in order to soften the plastic]. Add baking soda, and when it becomes a paste add vinegar in small amounts until you have a paste. Scrub with a nylon scrubber.
2. Use boiling water to soften the plastic then scrape off with a Razor blade scraper leaving the area wet after scraping. Dry with a Microfiber cloth. You might have to repeat this process a couple of times to get all the melted plastic off stovetop.”
For larger amounts of melted plastic please follow one of these methods
1. Place ice on the plastic-coated area. The plastic will grow more brittle as a result of this step. Use a nylon brush to remove any remaining residue. Allow for a few minutes to pass before attempting this. A razor blade and WD-40 are required. Allow a little WD-40 to seep into the plastic. Scrape the melted plastic with the razor blade until it is gone.
2. You can use acetone or nail polish remover to remove melted plastic from a glass cooktop. Pour the acetone or nail polish remover onto a microfiber cloth, allow it to work for five minutes before scraping.
How to clean melted plastic from oven
Have you ever melted plastic and then accidentally ruined your oven?
If so, then this blog post is for you. We’ll show you how to clean the melted plastic from your oven without damaging it or causing a fire hazard.
The type of oven you have will determine how to clean up a puddle from melted plastic.
Electric Ovens (With interior porcelain finishes)
- After the oven is cool, remove the metal oven racks.
- Fill a plastic bag with ice and place it on top of the melted plastic. The ice will make the plastic more brittle, making it easier to remove.
- Use a safety razor blade scraper to scrape off the plastic. Chilling and chipping until all of the plastic is removed .
- If you use a scraper, be careful not to cut yourself. You can use an oven cleaner by spraying it on the melted plastic and let it sit for about 10 minutes before scrubbing it off.
- Remove the bottom oven panel and turn off the gas. Using the two screws at the back of the panel, remove the bottom oven panel.
- Remove the panel from the box and place it on your counter in a flat position. Cover your worktops with a towel or newspapers, then lay the panel on top to keep it flat.
- Place an ice bag on the plastic that has melted. Allow time for the plastic to harden before scraping it away with a razor blade scraper.
How to Remove Melted Plastic From Countertops
Removing melted plastic from countertops can be a difficult and frustrating task. However, with a few simple steps, you can easily remove the plastic and have your countertops looking good as new.
The first step is to gather some supplies. You will need:
- Hair Dryer or Hot Water
- Razor blade scraper or Oven Cleaner Drill Brush
- WD-40 or Dawn Dish Soap
The second step is to heat up the plastic. You can do this by using a hairdryer or hot water.
Once the plastic is heated up, use the butter knife to scrape off the melted plastic. Be sure to scrape in all directions, as this will make the job easier.
The final step is to mix two parts of Dawn with one part of water. This can be done in a bowl, bucket, or sink. Once the mixture is ready, scrub the area and let it sit for a few minutes.
Finally, rinse the area with cold water and dry it carefully with a paper towel.
If any residue remains, repeat the process again. If the plastic is melted on tile countertops, you can follow these steps or use an alternative cleaning solution, such as baking soda paste mixed with water.
What is WD-40
WD-40 is a product that I keep on hand at all times. It’s a multipurpose lubricant that can be used to dissolve adhesive, remove dried paint, and protect the metal from corrosion. It comes in a spray bottle and is easy to use. I’ve found that it works great for removing melted plastic from the stovetop. Check the product here: WD-40 Smart Straw
– Protects metal from rust and corrosion.
– Penetrates stuck parts.
– Displaces moisture and lubricates almost anything.
– Save time in the long run by taking care of your tools now.
Best scraper for cleaning melted plastic
The best razor blade scraper for cleaning melted plastic is the 3-in-1 sticker removal and application scraper. This scraper is perfect for removing stickers, decals, and other adhesive items from a variety of surfaces. It can also remove melted plastic from the stovetop due to its heat resistance.
- The blade of this scraper is made from strong, high-quality plastic that can resist a variety chemicals and solvents.
- This product has 20 pcs plastic blades and 10 pcs metal blades, so it may be used on both hard and soft surfaces.
- The ergonomic curved handle on the window scraper provides greater comfort and control. Improve your productivity with this tool that saves time and effort.